Is Anxiety controlling your life?
Can’t seem to stop worrying?
Always tired, yet unable to get a good night’s sleep?
Everyone feels occasional anxiousness and needs stress management. We may have anxious feelings when meeting tight deadlines, participating in important social situations, or driving in heavy traffic. Such mild anxiety may help us feel alert and focused in challenging circumstances.
On the other hand, anxiety disorders cause severe distress and debilitation and disrupt the lives of individuals suffering from them. But fortunately, with proper and effective treatment, people suffering from anxiety disorders that need stress management can recover.
What is Anxiety? Why do I need Stress Management Counseling?
Anxiety disorders are the number one mental health problem among American women and second only to substance abuse among men, according to research conducted by the National Institute of Mental Health. Anxiety disorders affect approximately 15% of the United States population.
Anxiety differs from fear in that fear always has a source. People who suffer from anxiety disorders feel both the emotional and physical symptoms of fear without being able to identify the reason they feel that way. Often they realize the anxiety is irrational, but cannot reduce or eliminate it. Stress Management Counseling can help you improve your thought process and help you to recover from anxiety.
What are the symptoms of an Anxiety Disorder?
- Feelings of panic, fear and uneasiness
- Problems sleeping
- Cold or sweaty hands
- Shortness of breath
- An inability to be still and calm
- Dry mouth
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Muscle tension
- Uncontrollable, obsessive thoughts
- Repeated thoughts or flashbacks of traumatic experiences
- Ritualistic behaviors, such as repeated hand washing
Stress Management Counseling can help you:
- Learn concrete techniques to help you conquer anxiety and fears
- Lower your stress level
- Learn to manage stressful situations more effectively
- Get more sleep
- Increase your productivity and energy levels
- Gain control over anxiety instead of the anxiety controlling you