1. Try live entertainment, such as a band at a local bar, instead of a movie.
2. Pick a TV show, get a season’s worth on DVD and make a running date to watch it together every night.
3. Head out to a midnight cult movie, like The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Showgirls or Donnie Darko.
4.How about a picnic on the Beach and some stargazing
5. Try brunch and a matinee; fancy restaurants are way more affordable in the a.m.
6. Pick up a bucket of fried chicken and head for the drive-in.
7. Enjoy a rousing game of Twister.
8. Dress up your backyard picnic table with a white tablecloth. Add candles, fancy cheese, chocolate and voilà: five-star fun.
9.. Too cold or wet for an outdoor picnic? Spread a blanket on the floor and have a carpet picnic.
10 Invest in an ice-cream maker or a bread maker; then invent your own homemade treats.
11. Order live lobsters, plop them in a pot and have yourselves a shore thing. (Try livelob.com, which even has a cooking guide.)
12. Museums usually have one free night a week, so hit one then.
13. Find a happy hour with 10-cent wings and two-dollar draft beers.
14. Grab a basketball or a tennis racquet and hit the free courts at the park.
15. Sample international food at a street fair or hit the green market Saturday morning and hang out
16.Take a Dance Lesson, Salsa, Tango or Ball room
17. Make yourselves the biggest, craziest ice cream sundae ever.